The new year has brought on a new home and an expected baby! (I am rather late in posting...) We are in Vermillion, my old home town, where Ted can walk to work. We moved at the beginning of January and found out we were expecting just a few days later. Tavin has been enjoying his new home very much! He has his own cupboard where he keeps his bowls, plates and cups. He is now sleeping in a big boy bed. He hated his crib so we didn't bother putting it together. I guess we will have to put it back together soon for his little brother or sister.
We rang in the New Year with the Gillen's and Tavin had a blast with his Gillen cousins. He enjoys playing with his cousins, but he mostly likes pulling their hair. He did give Piper a kiss good-bye the other day so at least he has a sweet side as well.
I joined MOPS (Mothers Of Pre-Schoolers) where Tavin has a little time without me. He doesn't seem to like being separated from me and cries for a good portion of the time. I was told that the last time he didn't cry quite as much so that gives me some hope. I think the poor girls that watch the kids his age are working very hard for their money.
Tavin has been communicating more with words and with signs. He does get frustrated from time to time when he can't get his point across. He recently had a growth spurt and is long and lean. The shoes I bought for him before Christmas were too small for him before he even had a chance to wear them. New shoes and socks were in order. The pants that fit him are now too short so, of course, the pants that were too big now fit him. We are very grateful for all the hand-me-downs from his cousins!
Tavin recently inherited his cousin, Sara's, froggy potty chair. He does sit on the chair but no potty yet. It's a bit early, I think, but at least he is getting familiar with the potty chair.
The brief few days of somewhat warm weather we went outside for some puddle splashing fun. He got very wet and dirty but didn't seem to mind one bit. In fact, when it was time to go inside he was rather upset with me. I also got the chance to take Tavin on a few stroller rides.
He can't seem to get enough of his stroller lately.
Well, here are some more photos and videos...enjoy!









No comments:
Post a Comment