Friday, December 27, 2013

Winter Wonderland - Week Three (and Christmas)

Primary Book: Sleep Big Bear, Sleep
Enrichment Book: Hibernation
Activity: Ice Wreath
Nature Study: Blubber
Art: Saint Eustice
Poem: First Snow
Flower Fairies: Lily-of-the-Valley Fairy

We still colored, read our books, looked at art and did our crafts and activities during the week of Christmas. We haven't done our nature study with blubber yet. It involves using shortening, which I don't have on hand. I'll have to borrow some or I'll end up buying it for the activity and giving away the leftovers. I really don't like the stuff.

We had a beautiful Christmas with family! Lots of fun and lots of food! We are truly blessed to have a family who knows how to have a good time...and cook! The kids were blessed with great presents too, thank you! 

The kids all had fun playing with their cousins. I brought a snow man ornament craft and a gingerbread ornament craft for the kids to enjoy with their cousins. The crafts help give a little structure to the craziness. All that sugar needs to be released somehow. 

I know I'm rather exhausted from all the Christmas preparations and festivities. The kiddos are too. We took today to just hang out at home and play.




Daddy bought a bird feeder and some bird seed for us to put out on our deck. Hopefully the birds will make an appearance for us to do some bird watching. Tavin and Matilda enjoyed scooping up the bird seed and pouring it into the feeder.


Some playdoh molding on their new wooden rocket ships from our neighbor.


Admiring their cards from Nana and Papa.



We saved a few presents for the kids to open up at home the day after Christmas. It is nice to have some of our own family traditions too.


The "big" gift from us to the kiddos was the Melissa and Doug Tool Bench. The kiddos helped Daddy get all the pieces out and ready for assembly.


The styrofoam packaging kept the kiddos busy while Daddy worked.


That escalated quickly. Styrofoam everywhere!


Our much needed quiet, relaxing day of play. I guess this is how most of our days go anyway, give or take the jammies.


Enjoying their new building blocks from Grandpa and Grandma. They said they were building a castle. 


Matilda helping out in the kitchen while wearing her new pair of princess shoes. The shoes were a hit, of course. I think this photo is quite hilarious.


Tavin and I built a race car together. Here he is posing with it at the new tool bench. He looks very proud.



No comments:

Post a Comment