Primary Book: Grady the Goose
Enrichment Book: Migration
Activity: Contact Paper Stained Glass
Nature Study: Frost Formation
Art: Cattleya Orchid
Poem: Stopping by the Woods
Flower Fairy: Orchis Fairy
Another fun week of Winter Wonderland Preschool! Ted was out of town for work so we tried to make a point of getting out and about every day. Monday was a play date at a friends house. After the play date we went to Great Harvest Bread for lunch and bought some bread too, of course.
Tuesday we went to the Main library for story time. The new librarian does rather well for story time. He changes his voice for different characters and doesn't talk down to the kids or go overboard with cutsie, gooey, pop-culture stuff. Refreshing.
Wednesday our outing was a trip to Costco. The kids sat in the cart briefly but then both wanted to get out to walk and help push the cart. I can't say that I blame them. They were pretty well behaved considering their energy levels.
Thursday the kids came along with me to a prenatal appointment. Baby's heart rate is 155, sounds good! Thursday we had snow and very high winds. There were some moments on our way home from the doctor that I couldn't see anything but white! We had close to 15 plus birds hanging out on our deck due to the weather but I'm sure our bird treats helped contribute to their choice in shelter. I've been trying to get some decent photos of the birds but they are apparently camera shy.
Friday was a much needed nice, relaxing day at home. Teddy came home around six and brought us all flowers. The kids thought that was a special treat! They enjoyed unwrapping their bouquets and smelling their flowers. They missed their Daddy! They were hugging him and climbing all over him!
It's been awhile since there was a good book de-shelving. As long as he is enjoying some books I guess.
Something about rearranging the play room got Matilda very interested in the easel. It has helped leaving the markers more accessible to her too. They are washable. However, the idea of leaving markers out for her made me nervous.
Flipping through books and magazines.
Matilda can get messy in a hurry.
Matilda was feeding Tavin raisins for a little while before they both pretended to be dogs.
I've gotten Tavin to do some simple tracing. He seems to like it in small doses. After he traced everything on this page he drew on the bottom of the page and made up a story. It was rather adorable.
I wrote Tavin's name down for him to trace. The top was solid, capital letters. Then solid, lower case letters. The bottom was dashes, all capital letters. I think he did pretty well! I think he is nearly ready for lined paper.
We got some finger paints! The kids weren't quite used to the idea of finger painting. I got out some Q-tips for them to use. They were very neat at first. Once they got comfortable they went from Q-tips to fingers, then to hands, to feet, to being put right into the bath tub!
Our Nature Study, Frost Formation. We got this idea out of the book Nature In A Nutshell For Kids. Lots of fun, seasonal activities. This one was about frost formation. We took a tin can, filled it with ice, then salt and stirred. Frost formed on the outside of the can. Tavin and Matilda thought that it was pretty neat.
More art. I can't remember what these things are called but I need to get some more of them. The kids love them! They feel similar to little styrofoam pieces. All you need is a dab of water and they stick together or onto things.
Free jersey!
Tavin, Ted and Grandpa Jerry went to a hockey game! Mom and Matilda stayed home. Matilda was rather pooped and fell asleep shortly after a bath and stories.












No comments:
Post a Comment