Primary Book: Owl Moon
Enrichment Book: Where are the Night Animals?
Activity: Oil Pastels on Black Paper
Nature Study: Star Gaze
Art: The Snail
Poem: Three Little Kittens
FF: Queen of the Meadow Fairy
We had a fun week! We were busy. I don't like being too busy nor do I even like the word busy because of what the word can imply. I may have over-scheduled our week. There is certainly no need to be concerned about whether our children get socialized. We had fun but I'm not looking to do that to myself again anytime soon.
Monday we stayed home and did our "normal" routine.
Tuesday we went to a play date meet up at Rainbow Play Systems. They open up their show room I think once a week for young tots to play. This was the last time they were offering it for free. After play time we went out to Culver's for lunch and then to the library for story time.
Wednesday morning we had a play date at our house. Later we met Grandpa Jerry, Grandma Sandy and cousin Sara for lunch. Thursday we went to another play date, a Valentine's Day play date. Very fun!
Friday we went to Vermillion for a memorial service. We stayed at a hotel and enjoyed the pool with some friends.
Saturday we went to Great Grandma's in Irene for Grandpa Jerry's and Great Grandma's birthday celebration. Today, Sunday, I helped in the nursery/Sunday School for both services. Those kids wore me out. I can't pick other kids up anymore. I'm getting to be too pregnant and some of those kids are rather solid, at least compared to what I'm used to with our little peanuts.
The kids also helped Ted build some shelves to help organize our little office area. They had a lot of fun playing with the tools and watching daddy work.
Owl Moon and Where are the Night Animals? are great books. The kids enjoyed them too, especially Where are the Night Animals? We did not go star gazing or do our oil pastels on black paper. The weather is supposed to be warmer this week so we'll have a night walk this week. We are supposed to take our tin can lanterns on our night walk, go star gazing and then enjoy some hot chocolate. The oil pastels on black paper is then done the next day and be of the things you saw on your night walk. It all sounds like a lot of fun so I'd really hate to skip it.
Matilda picking off the paper on her crayons (great for fine motor skills I guess) and Tavin coloring.
Dr. Matilda and patient Tavin.
Rainbow Play Systems fun. I just had my camera phone, as usual, which doesn't always focus on the people or objects I want.
Peek!
Captain Tavin.
It's a long way down.
Preparing for the Olympics?
Swinging fun!
They were climbing up here, going down the slide and racing back to climb again. They did this over and over. Tavin lapped Matilda, which made her mad.
Lunch at Culver's.
Drawing in their Valentine booklets from the Valentine's Day Party.
Pool fun with Daddy. Guess who forgot her suit? I did.
Matilda stayed like this for quite awhile. She was so relaxed and did not want to get out.


















With the snow, snow, snow, your activities are fun for us vicariously! I love the idea of a play set company opening-up for kids to come and play! Tavin and Matilda are getting closer and closer in ability levels! It won't be long before she laps Tavin on occasion! I'm with Matilda...give me a warm indoor pool and a floatie and I would be happy to float right beside her!
ReplyDelete