This week the main story was A Pair of Red Clogs.
With this story the kids learned where Japan is on the map, what an island is and a little bit about the Japanese culture. With the story they also learned about telling the truth and the importance of taking good care of your belongings...I hope it sticks!
Tavin has started to learn how to use the abacus, how to use tally sticks and how to make tally marks. This math program is fun! Glad we got it!
Monday afternoon we hosted a play date here at the playground. Tuesday was library day and the stories were about pirates. The kids love stories about pirates so we brought some home with us. Stories, not pirates. ;-)
Wednesday was a do nothing day due to low fevers kind of day.
Thursday I took the kids out to lunch to Saigon Panda, an Asian restaurant with Chinese and Vietnamese cuisine. I was going to take them to a Japanese restaurant but the thought of sushi didn't sound appealing even to me. I have had sushi only a handful of times so I'm not experienced enough to know what is good. I guess I wasn't feeling adventurous enough to take the kids out to sushi.
Plus, Saigon Panda has a spicy green bean dish that I love. So the kids did get to experience playing with chopsticks at least.
Friday was co op day. For gym class the kids played soccer and Tavin particularly did quite well. In art class the kids made bean mosaics where Matilda proved to have quite the artistic eye.
Washing dishes or playing with water? A little of both.
They sipped their Sprites while I sipped hot tea.
Tavin, starting out with a nibble. Delicious food. I also liked that the place wasn't crowded.
Tavin thought his chopsticks could also be knitting needles, wands, drum sticks, and many other useful tools.
Eating fortune cookies and discovering their fortunes.
Abraham got his first taste of baby cereal. He wasn't quite sure what to think at first.
He looks happy to me!
Playing "store."
Here are their creations in art class.
We finished our Friday with a nice, quiet evening enjoying the outdoors. Stomping on leaves, climbing around the playground and playing in the sand.
No comments:
Post a Comment