Monday, June 30, 2014

Puddles and Ponds

Books: Bringing The Rain To Kapiti Plain
Oh Say Can You Say What's The Weather Today?
Activities: Closed Cones from Nature in a Nutshell
Weather Chart
Poem: Rain Clouds
Music/Art Study: Track One from Can You Hear It

It turns out that Wee Folk Art has a summer guide called Puddles and Ponds so I decided to jump right into it and hold off on FIAR for a bit.
The kids and I enjoy watching and learning about the weather so Puddles and Ponds seemed fitting. 
The Weather Chart is kind of like something we already do (usually) so I didn't see the point in re-inventing it. I have yet to find some cones to go with the Closed Cones activity. All in good time. The Can You Hear It Cd/Book is amazing. Our library system actually had it and we love it. We may end up buying it anyway. The Bringing The Rain To Kapiti Plain book is one we have owned for a little while. The illustrations are cute and the repetitiveness is something most kids enjoy. 

Some fun out in the sand. That little shaded area makes such a difference with the heat and hot sand.

 Our rather expressive baby Abe.



Tavin drawing with Nana.

 Playing a little golf with their friend, Grace.


All three of them enjoy with play mat.


Abraham smiling and talking to his animal friends.


 Matilda has her own Hello Kitty bat. She is getting better at hitting the ball but I think the bat is a bit too heavy for her.



 Matilda doing her Yoga that she learned from watching Nana.


 Tavin doing his Yoga. Whenever I do Yoga I end up hurting myself. Maybe I should watch Nana too.


 The kids wanted Nana to experience the Children's Museum in Brookings. We didn't get too many photos of our trip there but Ted did get some of Tavin's "work" with the blue blocks.

 Here they are in the Car room wearing their work coats.

Matilda keeping track of their work.

No comments:

Post a Comment